Posted on: November 2, 2020
REPORTS TO: President
SUPPORT TO: Bay Economic Development Alliance (Bay EDA)
Organizationâ€™s Focus: The Bay Economic Development Alliance (Bay EDA) is Bay Countyâ€™s economic development entity. Publicly and privately funded, Bay EDA serves Bay County in the mission of supporting the existing businesses in Bay County and is dedicated to growing and diversifying the Bay County economy. Using an experienced staff and community stakeholders, Bay EDA presents the positive points of Bay County to businesses, industry, and professional leaders in their decision-making process, for capital investment and job creation.
The position provides support to the Bay EDA staff, manages the organizationâ€™s financial accounts, human resource activities, office management, bookkeeping, reception duties, and other functions as assigned.
1. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for Bay EDAâ€™s president, officers, and investors
2. Oversees the financial management of the EDAâ€™s accounts, prepares financial reports, and monitors the budget, expenditures, and revenues.
3. Utilization of the QuickBooks accounting system for financial reporting and tracking.
4. Assure timely and accurate recording of all transactions, maintenance of the general ledger, monthly account reconciliations and preparation of required governmental reports.
5. Coordinate all compilation/review and audit activities.
6. Implement/Evaluate payables/receivables and billing of dues.
7. Financial tracking of receipts and disbursements; check requests/billing requests and other interoffice finance forms as needed.
Office Administration and Human Resources
1. Assist with responding to routine information or data inquires.
2. Direct human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits oversight.
3. Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization.
4. Maintains Bay EDAs multiple contact lists.
5. Manage external IT service provider to assure all IT systems are meeting the organizationâ€™s planning, tracking and reporting needs.
6. Gathers all requisitions for office supplies, printing support, and related materials and services.
7. Directly support preparation for community visits from consultants, companies, and other visitors.
8. Prepares meeting rooms for committee, board, or client meetings.
9. Manage the organizationâ€™s physical infrastructure, physical plant, and system maintenance (Phone system, security, cleaning, supplies, etc.)
1. All duties as assigned, through the direction of the Vice President and President.
2. Manage the operational activities. This includes but is not limited to minutes, agendas, updated rosters, notices, announcement setup, meetings/special events, prospect information packets and assistance to president/ chairmen.
3. Answer incoming telephone calls as needed. Act as a professional liaison of the organization and the community.
4. Arrange travel plans as needed.
5. Assist in coordination of schedules/meetings, maintenance of committee lists, databases and files, preparation and distribution of correspondence.
1. College or associate degree preferred.
2. Minimum of five years of administrative and bookkeeping experience.
3. Excellent organization and time management skills required.
4. Software Requirements: QuickBooks, full Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Suite (preferred). Must be willing to learn additional software as needed.
5. Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
6. Demonstrated experience working within a professional business setting.
7. Professional and courteous.
8. Self-starter; able to work effectively and efficiently without detailed supervision and ability to take initiative on projects, required.
1. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, abilities and / or working conditions associated with the job. While this position description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, Bay EDA reserves the right to modify duties, and to assign other duties as necessary to accomplish the goals and tasks of the organization. All specific duties and responsibilities, required skills and physical requirements are essential to the job function of this position; however, miscellaneous functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties have been excluded.