Verizon will to host a two-day food drive benefitting Feeding the Gulf Coast on March 23 and 24 at its corporate store in Panama City and four Bay County authorized retail locations, to support their efforts in the Panhandle following Hurricane Michael. Feeding the Gulf Coast food barrels will be at all five locations throughout the weekend, and residents are invited to come by and drop off most needed items, including:
• Canned meats (tuna, chicken, etc.)
• Canned fruits and vegetables
• Canned and boxed meals (soup, macaroni and cheese, etc.)
• Peanut butter
• Canned or dried beans
• Pasta and rice
• Cereal or breakfast bars
More information is available here: www.feedingthegulfcoast.org
Additionally, on March 25 Verizon will present the collections along with a significant grant to Feeding the Gulf Coast, and will also present grants to other local organizations supporting Hurricane Michael relief and recovery efforts, including the Community Foundation of Northwest Florida, Connecting Everyone with Second Chances (CESC), and the Salvation Army Panama City.
Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24 (all times Central)
• **Media invited to capture interviews & b-roll at this location for food drive, check presentation** Verizon corporate store: 411A E 23rd St., Panama City, FL, 32405, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, and noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday – live radio remotes and food trucks offering free meals to those donating will be on site Saturday and Sunday afternoons
• TCC locations: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, and 1-5 p.m. on Sunday
o TCC Lynn Haven: 1419 Ohio Ave., Lynn Haven, FL, 32444
o TCC Panama City Beach: 15750 Panama City Beach Pkwy., Panama City Beach, FL, 32413
• Cellular Sales locations, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday
o Cellular sales Panama City at N. Tyndall Pkwy., 515 N. Tyndall Pkwy., Panama City, FL, 32404
o Cellular sales Panama City Beach: 11560 Panama City Beach Pkwy., Suite 100 Panama City Beach, FL, 32407
Monday, March 25
Verizon corporate store
411A E 23rd St., Panama City, FL, 32405
11 a.m., CT
Because when disaster strikes, the only way to move forward is together. Verizon is teaming up with organizations like Feeding the Gulf Coast to provide impacted Panhandle communities with much needed assistance.
The goal is very simple – to help support these communities as residents work to rebuild and recover.